Our groups are led by Lauren McKeaney, Skin Picking Disorder Specialist
These bi-weekly meetings are designed to discuss experiences, coping mechanisms, and offer social, emotional, and psychological support for sufferers.
Due to the Corona Virus pandemic, we have halted in-person Support Group at our Chicago office and are now holding ONLINE GROUP via Zoom! All BFRBs welcome.
Adults group (16 and over) meets 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month 6:30-8:30 PM
Located at 770 N LaSalle Dr #410 Chicago, IL 60654
BFRB Support Group focuses on:
- discussing our experiences
- worksheets based on ACT/HRT/CBT/Perfectionism
- sharing medical BFRB updates
- practicing keeping our fingers busy and off our bodies with fidget toys
- creating and maintaining hair pulling/ skin picking logs
- tips on how to share about BFRBs with loved ones, co-workers, schools
Check out reviews from past support group attendees